Sunday, November 1, 2009

Not so sure anymore

URGH! I have this little feeling something isn't quite right with Miller. I think he is almost more sore today than he has been in a while. I go back to the PT tomorrow and I wonder if he is going to worse somehow. I can't explain it for sure, just weird little things have happened all day. His first stretch and massage this morning seemed good so I was really happy. His second stretch and massage also went well. We spent alot of time outside today so he was roaming around in the yard alot and he decided to jump on our agility table. Before I could stop him, he was up on it and he jumped on it so weirdly. He jumped with all of his front end and then pulled his back end on which to me is a sure sign his hind end still isn't right. This really bothered me but did he jump this way because it is in the backyard? He hates doing anything in the backyard and will practically walk the fence so he doesn't have to step in anyone's potty area. He is very particular about his feet so maybe he was trying to avoid a potty? Not sure but it sure scared me the way he jumped. The second thing that happened was he was on the deck and I had sat down in my lounge chair and he tried to put his front feet in my lap. Now usually what he does is he jumps up and stands on my legs with his front feet (all of his weight is on his hind end) and then the sniffs my face. He came up to me and acting like he wanted to and then stopped and did that two times. He finally did put his front feet on me but he rested him weight on his elbows instead of standing up. This to me means his back end is still pretty sore. When I just did his stretching and massaging, he was not very happy about anything I did. This means to me that he is not going to be able to do an agility course, let alone three or four a day.

This brings me to my next quadry which is how do I know he is okay to go? I feel like he is unsure too. I want to run him towards the end of this week and see how he feels. We have to let the RV people know four days in advance of picking it up that we aren't going to come, so by Friday or Saturday we need to know for sure what is going on. I feel like if I run him say on thursday night and he is lame, then that is a good indication that he is not going to be able to go to nationals for sure as he would only have one week left to rest. I really think if he can't run and do a course by this week then all bets are off. I am sure resting him right until we have to run will be the best but then is he going to come up lame on that very first run at nationals? Wouldn't it be better to know now versus waiting? I am so confused and so conflicted. I want to go but want to do what is best for him and if letting him just rest for several months is the best, then that is what i want to do. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment