Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nationals Trip Day 5 Competition Part 2



Okay so now on to the competition part. We had jumpers first and as I had previously stated, it was a very fast, very straight forward course. I did run with and the funny part was as I released him, he stayed there! I had to convince him to come with me. He was a little bit slower than usual but barking his head off and very excited! I was having to cheerlead alot more than usual and his distance skills seemed to have vanished for some reason but i managed to run the course with him and go fairly fast. I did have one refusal on a 180 after the weaves but that is okay in team stuff. I went to do a front cross and thought I had sent him to the first jump of the 180 but he came with when I moved laterally away. Kept my head about me and just had him go again and finish the course. I was so pleased that he seemed okay and gave him lots of cookies for sure!


Our next run was Performance National Standard Quarter Finals. It was a very tricky course with a very tough opening line to the a-frame in my opinion. I did shape the line a bit and I do think his a-frame was a little slow but after that he seemed to be doing well and running well. We had to have a clean run to move on to the semi finals so I held his dog walk contact a little bit. I did have an o shit moment towards the middle of the course. We had a very tough line of about 4 jumps that either required two rears or a rear and a front or double fronts. I had planned on double fronts but got out of position for the second front and had to do an ugly rear. Thank goodness he saved my ass and kept the bars up. After that it was pretty straight forward and we got through it no problem. He was a tad bit slower than normal but I thought he ran faster than he did in jumpers and I did see flashes of my gold ole red dog!


Next was snooker, my favorite class! We had a good plan and I was going to stick to it no matter what. I did have some contingency plans just in case he knocked a bar because we were going to do quite a bit of turning and wrapping. He got the first snooker with a one and a five, no problem. I did a double front cross and caught another one and a five and did a nice blind after the tunnel part of five to pick him up and go over another one with another front cross to pull him around the 6 combo I didn't want to do. I had planned on going to the 7 and then heading for the closing but for some reason, my brain shut down and I headed back for the five again. I was still okay but was rattled that I was lost. I headed for the last one and then a 2 to start the closing and had to wrap back around to get the 2 again to start the closing but he ran past the number 2. There are no refusals in the closing so we got whistled off with no closing points:( I only got 21 total points but my teammate got tons more so we should be good to go.


Overall, I was very happy with today. Miller ran great, was happy and was almost his normal self. I am very optimistic about this weekend. You know what though, even if he doesn't run the rest of the weekend, I am very happy with today. I love my big red boy and he loves to do agility and I am very happy that he has had a great time running today. Am still waiting to find out if we got into the semis but if we don't, it doesn't matter. Okay, off to the shower house, I stink!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment