Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 1 Nationals Trip

Thank goodness my mom has a laptop! Paid for wireless internet tonight so I could get on here and update everyone. We are currently in a motel 6 in Tucumcari NM. We decided to just drive an 8 hour day and boy I am glad we did. Miller came out of the crate super stiff so mom is massaging and stretching him while I type. We didn't get to stop as much as we had planned today. The drive once you get into OK and TX is so desolate, so stopping was limited pretty much to road side stops and we didn't feel safe doing that when it got dark. We stopped in Great Bend for lunch at a Long John Silvers and the dogs got to get out then and stretch their legs. We had decided to drive until we got tired but we really wanted to make it at least 8 hours so that we can do 8 hours again tomorrow. We are looking to get to Payson but may not if we stop more. Deuce did great but he always does in the car. He is like a baby, as long as we are moving and he is in the car, he sleeps, but when we stop he is up and wanting out!

Mom decided to drive all day so I may be driving tomorrow as long as we aren't in the mountains. I can't believe she drove all day today as she drove all yesterday too from TN and we went out last night to Mel's and listened to my favorite local band VSC. Mom listened but was not really into the music but got to meet alot of my friends. We got in around 12 and both crashed. Speaking of crashing, even though I just sat in the passenger seat, I am super tired. I am still getting over a stupid cold and i think it has me zapped. Didn't take any pictures today so nothing to post. Will probably take some tomorrow for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment