Wednesday, November 11, 2009

day 3 Nationals Trip



So once again the dogs woke us up at the crack of dawn and I couldn't go back to sleep. Guess that is why we have a crate in the bedroom for those times when you need a few extra minutes of zzzs and the baby thinks you are wrong LOL! We headed out of Holbrook AZ and desended on the mountains and the forest. We passed through the Sitgreaves Forest and Tonto Forest to go all the way to Mesa to pick up the RV. The scenery was as usual breathtaking and the steep grades weren't too bad. I let mom drive again so she has pretty much driven the whole trip but on her own accord. She is a control freak like me (got if from her for sure) and I think she likes it better when she is driving anyway. So far she has driven over 1500 miles! We got to the RV place at the pick up time and got our RV. We watched the video on how to use the RV this year but pretty much knew everything we needed to know from last year. Mom did a great job of driving it, only almost ran over someone once but it wasn't her fault, jerk tried to undercut her. We got to the campground and got set up fairly quickly. Mom and I waited till the air conditioning had cooled down the RV and headed out to Walmart to get all of our meals. We ate a quick dinner and then hit the hay early after taking the dogs out for a nice long walk. I truly love the desert, at night only of course. The weather is so nice and pleasant for sitting out under the stars. I think this is my favorite part of being here, the great weather and just spending time with Mom and the dogs.

Deuce has done really well with everything, other than leaving him in the RV last night while we went to Walmart. I think he had his fill of being in a crate and I don't trust him enough to leave him loose in the RV. Although there isn't much for him to get into, he does like to scratch on the door and on the windows when I leave the RV, and I can't afford to pay for damages to the RV. Our neighbors were very nice and said that it didn't bother them and I have his kong and peanutbutter to keep him occupied from now on.

Day 4 we get to set up our crates and they run European Standard, and the VENDORS OPEN! I was entered but I think I am going to give him one more day of rest before I run him. He seems a little stiff still and on the opposite leg now. I am doing lots of massaging and stretching which seems to be going well. I am still not so sure it is his illeopsoas. To me he seems to be stiff in his hock in his right leg but this could be a spill-over from his original injury, who knows. He still isn't visibly lame and I am sure I am over analyzing every little detail of his walk and his jumping and his just being. I never watched him this close before and am afraid this may be the way it is going to be from now on out. He is 10 and he has had a good 5 years of running so this may be the start of things to come. I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment