Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nationals Trip Day 5 Competition Part 1

Well, the day started out bright and early. I learned last year that if you don't get down there extra early, you don't get a course map. The only map I really wanted was snooker and that was today so I went down right after 7 to get a map. I had woken up very early and laid in bed for a while just praying that Miller will be okay to run and will have a good time. I think I had myself so worked up that I had a sick stomach but as soon as I got down to the field, I felt great. Walked jumpers first and it was very straight forward. No lead out advantage so I can run with him and start really far back. I am hoping this won't confuse him but I think it he has a running start, that will help him. He seems to warm up after a couple of jumps and then he is fine and one through three is pretty straight forward so that should help him to prepare for the rest of the course.

Next we walked Performance Grand Prix Quarter Finals and boy what a tough couse. I think they post the courses on www.usdaa.com so go over there and check it out. What a tough entry to the a-frame and no way to really make it better. Jumps 10-12 are also going to be hard as I am going to do two front crosses but alot of people are going to do serpentines. The course has lots of options which makes it a very tough quarter final.

The final walk through was snooker and wow, what a tough snooker course. Tammie and I just planned a course that is the best for getting points for our team. I hope I can keep my head about me if he knocks bars. Snooker is our best game as he is so handler focused but he has to keep his bars up to play the game.

I don't run till 10:30 so I have had tons of time to rest and to work on Miller. He stretched out nicely and has been very happy so I am hoping we run well today. I will blog part two after we run!

No comments:

Post a Comment