Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting really excited but still cautious

I am getting so excited to go! I am still working really hard on keeping miller pain free and sound though. I am taking him on saturday morning to have another ultrasound treatment. The PT that worked on my leg has actually agreed to work on Miller's injury and he charges a heck of a lot less than taking him to KC. This should be very interesting to say the least. It takes alot for miller to trust someone and he is not a dog person so we are going to have to take a lot of cheese or maybe even chicken so they can build a relationship.

I think for so long I thought we weren't going that it is just now kicking in now that we are. I have not even started packing so will probably do that all day saturday while mom is driving in from TN. I also would like to give the house a good cleaning before I leave so that it may be okay when I get back. Tony is a typical man and not very observant to details so there could be a dead body on the floor and he would probably just step over it. He is also battling a cold and now I have it too. I have an awesome immune system so I am hoping my body can get through this quickly. Being sick really hurt me at AKC nationals and I need 100 times more brain power for this so I need to be 100% healthy by next thursday.

We got our run and walk orders via email yesterday and I almost threw up! I get so nervous before these big events but when I get there, I seem to calm down. As I said in my previous USDAA nationals blog from last year, you get so stressed there that you don't have time to be nervous. Don't get me wrong it is a ton of fun but the pressure to do your best is high, especially when you are surrounded by so many great handlers. This may possibly be Miller's last USDAA nationals so I want it to be his best. I just hope we can run like I know we are capable and I hope the injury doesn't make me even more nervous. I hope I can just plan my runs like normal and not even think about the possibilities. He has responded so well to the PT and has been so happy that he is getting to more agility stuff now. After nationals, we will probably take a huge break from showing and start back up in January with the sunflower trial. This is going to mean missing at least two USDAA trials that are local which means qualifying for next year might be tough. I like to get things like qualifying out of the way early as I think it really affects my running when I am trying to reach a specific goal like nationals or like a MACH.

What really excites me more than anything is that Deuce is getting to come with us. This will be his first big show and I think he is going to love it! There is so much to do at nationals for sure! Dock dog diving pools to swim in and jump in, lure coursing, herding, and tons of demos to watch to name a few. Tons of training opportunities and tons of new sights and sounds to encounter await little Deuce. I will be taking tons of pictures so look for those and more on my facebook or my puppy blog. We will probably take tons of pictures on the way to and from AZ as well. We are going to make the trip out longer so it is easier on miller so we plan on doing alot of sight seeing and stopping. Mom has her laptop too so we should be able to upload pics fairly regularly and also blog. I felt like I was going to explode last year and I think blogged to the wee hours of the morning so it will be easier to get it out a little bit at a time instead of all at once.

Well, better get back to working! Just wanted to pour a few thoughts out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment