Wednesday, November 4, 2009

AZ bound

Boy has the been the hardest decision i have ever had to make. After much thought, I decided yesterday to get miller out and let him do some agility and see where we were at. I really needed to know where he was in his rehab and had to risk possible injury to know. If he was lame or got lame, there was no point in taking him to AZ. I had a break in action at work so I hurried home and got him and deuce and headed out to Alice and Lori's house to do some work. Alice had some jump chutes set up at 16 inches with some nice easy pin wheels at the end so after warming him up via walking, brisk walking and jogging, I did some jump chute work at 16 inches. Not only was he happy, he was running full out and wanting to do more. I also did one dog walk and one a-frame and he strided correctly on both. I decided to also do one set of weaves just to see where he was and if he was using both back legs to push off and he was. I was so excited!!! I didn't want to push anything so we stopped and he roamed around the agility yard and played with the puppy and rolled around. He was so happy, it took several hours for him to stop smiling.

This was the answer I needed to decide whether to go or not for sure. I will probably still be cautious and worried but between all of my friends and my mom, we should be able to keep him loose and limber. If he shows any signs of hurting, we will stop. Thursday will be our biggest day with three runs planned for that day. If we can get passed that, we should be okay for the rest of the week with two possible three runs on friday and one possible two runs on saturday. Mom is bringing her laptop so we can hopefully keep my blog and FB updated with how things are going. We are going to leave early on sunday so we will be on the road an extra day which will be nice for me and mom! Okay off to work the puppy who thinks I have totally forgotten him since miller gets all of the attention right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment