Monday, November 16, 2009

Nationals Trip Day 7 and part of Day 8



Sorry, haven't been keeping up. We decided after my gamblers run on saturday to pack up the RV. We could either pack up it and turn it in on saturday or wait till monday. We did have one of our group in the finals on saturday night and possibly two teams in the finals on sunday but we have been to the finals before and so we had been there, done that. Miller's gamblers run was awesome! He did two a-frames and two teeters and two tunnels with a bunch of jumps in between. He did not get the gamble, which was jump weaves jump, but I didn't care. He ran like my old miller and I was so excited! We had to pack up all the stuff from the crating area and drag it back since we couldn't bring the car over to that area. Got everything drug back from the crating area and started the mad dash of cleaning and packing. Had to go get a cooler at Walmart so we could keep our food that we bought. Headed back to the RV place and got everything turned in, no problem.


We decided to go back a different way to see some different sights so headed back up to flagstaff and then onto I-40. We were so tired and hungry by the time we hit flagstaff that we decided to just stop and eat at the cracker barrel there and stay for the night. Got up to 25 degree weather which was not what we expected! I think mom and I had one sweatshirt and one jacket between us. Stopped at the meteor crater on our way. That was probably the best thing I have ever seen!!!! I could have stayed there forever and ever! I love meteors and anything to do with them. Tony and I go and watch meteor showers all the time and he actually asked me to marry him during the November meteor shower. We had heard that there was a bad wreck on I-40 and that the road was closed but we decided to head out anyway and try our luck. Well, they were wrong there was a wreck but the road was not closed. Made it all the way to Tucumcari with a few more stops on the way. Got some souveneirs for my girls at work and a shot glass for tony.


Heading out this morning and looking at snow in KS! Will blog later about how I felt about everything. Need to get in the shower and head out!

No comments:

Post a Comment