Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunflower Kennel Club trial 2010 Wrap up

Wow, what a great weekend! While Miller only had two qs all weekend, he had two almost double qs and I am pretty happy with the way that i handled. I got great distance with him and that will be a bonus in two weeks when I have my USDAA trial. I couldn't afford to enter everything so just entered gamblers on both days so yah for distance skills! I do feel like Miller might be a little sore but he isn't too stiff and seems to be okay. Some one commented that he looked like he was limping when we were leaving today but I didn't see it.

Harley and Tony also had two great runs today too. Tony had one refusal in standard which was his fault unfortunatley. He told Harley to turn and harley did what he was told and turned before the jump, thus missing the jump altogether. He actually got all of his contacts and got his table. I am so amazed and happy that they are doing so well together. I think it helps that Tony is so calm when he runs him and he doesn't push him near as hard as I did. I think this helps Harley to stay focused and not go into race mode. Tony's jumpers run was also really good and controlled. Tony actually got two front crosses in that were so smooth. He had one bobble where harley ran around a jump but I think he was looking at another jump and possibly tony's body was indicating another jump but who cares. He was bummed as that would have been his MXJ but they will get it for sure! I think we have decided not to go to Aussie Nationals this year and just go to the greater KC club show so that he can show since it will be essentially local. I think two shows a week will be good for us both and we can afford to do that if tony is laid off for a long time.

Final thoughts and feelings are mixed. Very, very happy that Miller is running like normal but he was still a couple of seconds off of his normal time so am wondering if this is just him getting older. I do not feel like he is ready to go down to preferred so he is staying at 20 for now. I am still not setting the goals for nationals in 2011 or for MACH 2, just wanting to run him and have a good time but am feeling that ache for the Q. Made a stupid mistake today in jumpers cause I had a double Q on the line so not happy with that mentality. Thought I was over that, but obviously not:) I hope I can keep this mentality but it sure is hard when my fellow competitors are already closing in on their second MACHs! We had i think 5 people get their MACHs this weekend so it sure did bring up those feelings of how nice it was to walk on air for a while after obtaining my MACH. Sure would be nice to do that again! Oh well, I have Deuce for that I guess. I just wish I had gotten miller going earlier in his life as he is such a great dog and runs his heart out for me.

Okay signing off of this blog and heading over to Deuce's blog to discuss some things about this weekend with him. Next show is in two weeks and is USDAA YESSSSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment