Thursday, January 7, 2010

Miler update and competition fears



I haven't made it back to the PT and I should have but things have just been to crazy at work. We had a tech go from full time to part time to leaving, and while she didn't have enough to keep her busy, it will keep me way busy to do my job and her job. We have another part time tech but her schedule is varied due to her other job so this could get interesting. I fear that my time off is going to be limited for a while. I do feel like Miller is way better. He does some things that let me know when he is feeling good and he is doing those things. He does this play bow stretch and then he stretches out both back legs individually. He had stopped doing that for months but here lately, ever time he gets up, he does it so I think his legs are feeling better. My concern right now is that we have the worst winter since i moved here in 99 with three big snows already and I don't have access to any indoor facilities to train. I have a show in late January and now I thinking I may need to scratch him as I am not going to be able to get him back into shape. I took him the other day get him weighed and he has lost a bunch of weight and I fear that is all muscle. I really, really don't want to take him to the show and then him get injured immediately again because i haven't conditioned him properly. He does run around in the backyard and play with Harley but we still have probably 5 or more inches of snow on the ground, topped with ice where the other snow has melted and refroze so working in the yard on jumps is not an option. I could drag at least one jump inside but i need to do straight line jumping and i couldn't do much with that with just one jump. You know, I am going to admit something here. When one thing stresses me, several things start to stress me so I think cause I am stressed about work, I am starting to stress about everything else. Maybe he will be fine, maybe I am just freaking out for nothing.

I have been thinking alot about what I want out of this year. I previously wrote goals for him and I do feel like those goals are good ones. I am still not sure about USDAA nationals. I am so behind since I have missed two local shows already. I have one coming up in February but because of Tony's possibility of being laid off, we have been cutting back money wise and I could only enter team and the two tournament classes. If I knew where USDAA nationals were going to be, I could stick to that plan or if it is going to be way too far away, I could just do the titling classes and the two tournament classes for fun and not do team at all. I would also like to go on a real vacation this year, with my hubby and no dogs. I am leaning either towards going back to AZ and going up to the grand canyon for a week or taking a long weekend and taking him to my favorite city in the world, New Orleans. I can't do either if I am taking all of my money and saving for nationals. We also need to go to TN for at least thanksgiving this year. We haven't been back to TN in over two years and I fear that my grandparents and his grandma might not be around for much more so we need to see them. I can't do all of that and go to nationals. AKC nationals are in Tulsa so it won't be the money suck that previous nationals have been. I won't have to take off as much as we won't have as much travel expenses. If they have USDAA nationals in KY, it will be the same thing, I can drive, mom can drive and we won't have as much expense. Okay so I am rambling now but all these thoughts have been bumping around in my head for a while and need to get them out.

My other big concern is work for tony. When it is good, we are set but when it is slow, we are not. Even though I have a master's degree, I am not working in my field and have taken a huge pay cut to work in the job I have, but I get flexibility of schedule, a great understanding boss and very generous benefits that make up for the pay cut. Because of this, Tony pays for most of all of our bills and out house payment so I pay for my little bills like cell phone and student loan and then dog showing. If work is going to be slow, my little bit of money i make will have to go to bills and that will cut off my dog showing funds and vacation funds. Now, I am not complaining because the union has taken great care of Tony and kept him working when hundreds have been out of work, but it is still scary to think we might have to make a huge lifestyle change. You know it is has been interesting, I thought I would die without agility in my life, yet the couple of months i have been out of it, I haven't really missed it. I do miss my friends but I have enjoyed the extra money we have had available since we aren't showing. See what I mean, when one thing stresses me, everything starts stressing me!

Okay so this has turned from a blog about miller to a blog about me rambling about all of my fears! You know, I am thankful for all the things we have, all the love we have, all the success both tony and I have in life and I just need to think about those things. We both have great health, our dogs are healthy and happy, and we have love. On that note, I am going to shut up and stop stressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment